The Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance (ANZIIF) and Asia Insurance Review have announced that submissions for the Australian Insurance Industry Awards are now open.
The awards, now in their 15th year, provide an opportunity for industry professionals to celebrate and recognise individual and company excellence and encourage reflection on the industry’s successes while also looking to the future.
“Each year, we come together to award and acknowledge those in the industry demonstrating a high level of excellence. The awards provide us with the opportunity to celebrate the ways in which we are exceeding expectations and to further cement the level of excellence further we should each aspire to achieve for ourselves and our customers,” said Ms Prue Willsford, ANZIIF CEO .
Asia Insurance Review editor-in-chief Sivam Subramanian said, “With all the challenges buffeting the industry,
I look forward to seeing the entries for this year. I am sure the Australian market is on the cutting edge in the disruptive digital era, ahead of the rest of the pack globally.”
After receiving a record number of submissions for the 2017 Awards and attracting a record number of attendees, the 2018 Awards are expected to be the biggest and best awards to date with a new venue, Luna Park in Sydney, chosen to accommodate the growing audience.
This year, in recognition of the importance that InsurTech is playing in the insurance ecosystem, a new award category has been added for InsurTech Programme of the Year. Another category has also been created, Authorised Representative Group of the Year, which will be awarded to an AFSL (Australian Financial Services Licence) insurance broking company which operates entirely under an authorised representative model.
The categories for this year’s awards are:
- Small Broking Company of the Year
- Medium Broking Company of the Year
- Large Broking Company of the Year
- Underwriting Agency of the Year
- Direct General Insurance Company of the Year
- Small-Medium General Insurance Company of the Year
- Large General Insurance Company of the Year
- Life Insurance Company of the Year
- Innovation of the Year
- Professional Services Firm of the Year
- Service Provider to the Insurance Industry
- Women’s Employer of the Year
- Authorised Representative Group of the Year
- InsurTech Programme of the Year
- Young Insurance Professionals Employer of the Year
- Young Insurance Professional of the Year
- Insurance Learning Programme of the Year
- Insurance Leader of the Year
- ANZIIF Lifetime Achievement Award.
A criteria guide with information on how to apply can be found on the ANZIIF website at https://anziif.com/events/insurance-industry-awards. Submissions close on 7 May 2018. A